WORK IN PROGRESS
This guide should be followed after an installation of LDS. It's purpose is to verify that all aspects of the installation are working.
Items that need verification:
- mailing: alerts, invitations
- computer registration: tests https, message server, ping server, app server
- access hash-id-database via web
- run maintenance script one: tests that LDS can reach the AMI database on uec-images.ubuntu.com
- run update-security-db once: tests that the USN database can be downloaded
- run hash-id-databases once: it tests the necessary network connections. Note: it will take a while
- run meta-releases once: it tests the network connection. Note: it also takes a while
TODO: write a single script that makes these tests.
- send out an invitation for another administrator. There should be no significant waiting period (i.e., the admin should get the email quickly as it's not dependent on a cron job)
- subscribe to the pending computer alert: register a new computer and see if you get the alert in the next 10min
- subscribe to the offline computer alert: stop landscape-client on an existing computer and wait 10min